Friday, February 11, 2011

Non-Fiction serious book

This book is insane.

Seriously I know this is mostly a 40k blog and focused in on Sci-fi but the shit in this book is nuts.

It proves the point that reality is always crazier than fiction.  S.C. Gwynne pulls no punches and has completely altered my view of American Indians forever. It is pretty shocking and very interesting.  Seriously for the first time it put a lot of American history in context for me especially our treatment of the Indian population.  I am not saying that it was justified in any way but it seriously sheds light on the entire story of the West.
Also if you live or go to the American SouthWest a bunch its worth reading just to really grasp the history of that region.  I highly recommend this book it will get you thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment